Re: gdb Stopped in pthread_create

Hi Jim,

  pthread_test.cpp demonstrates the problematic behavior. It is built
using

 g++ -g pthread_test.cpp -lpthread

 The version numbers are

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
(kojibuilder@xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20070502
(Red Hat 4.1.2-12)) #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 15:37:31 EDT 2007

and gdb snapshot for July 24th

$ gdb --version
GNU gdb 6.6.50.20070724

Below is the log of gdb session

$ gdb a.out
GNU gdb 6.6.50.20070724
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/cartcs/Work/gdb/pthread_create/a.out
[New Thread 0xb7f336d0 (LWP 22251)]

[3]+  Stopped                 gdb a.out

WBR Oleg V. Zhylin   ovz@yahoo.com

http://tv.yahoo.com/