Re: Problems with multi-threaded application debugging

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:50:12PM +0200, Ulisses Furquim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was doing some tests trying to debug a simple multi-threaded
> application and noticed some strange gdb behaviors:
>
> - sometimes when you "continue" gdb doesn't stop at a breakpoint
> inside some of the threads;
> - sometimes when you try to single step (with "next") all the threads
> run until the program exits;

I have no idea what these might be.

> - I was trying to use the scheduler-locking variable (setting it to
> "on"), but it seems I can single step on only one thread. I mean, If I
> switch to another thread and try to single step it, gdb switches back
> to the previous thread.

To be honest, I can't completely remember whether this is supposed to
happen still or supposed to be fixed.  You need to be using a current
version of gdb and gdbserver, but GDB may still be doing something
wrong.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery