This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: trying to build gdb with renamed cygwin1.dll
Fahd Abidi wrote:
I tried the -mno-cygwin option but got several compile errors. I didn't
want to debug the sources because of time constraints. That is why I
thought that compiling against a renamed cygwin1.dll might be an eaisier
Well, it was never going to be easy! You might want to check out
mingw.org but I thought GDB was supposed to Just Work these days.
I did have some problems with it autodetecting cygwin ncurses, which
obviously isn't going to work, but that can be fixed with
--disable-readline ... probably. You can get readline to work with
pdcurses, but that required a little effort.
BTW, you just posted my email address, non-obfuscated, to number of
web-archives. I'd rather you didn't do that. It would probably be best
if you stopped your mailer doing that before you fully spam-enable