Re: Win32 gdbserver dll support.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:27:24PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I actually bit the bullet and I'm investigating/implementing
> remote open/close/read/write/lseek.  It seems to be enough for
> now.  If there are any objections, please speak up, you'll
> probably save me "a couple" of hours ;)

Please wait at least a little bit :-)  I have a complete
implementation of this for gdb and gdbserver.  I just never got around
to posting it - but we were reminded of it last week and I've actually
got it on my work schedule to submit these bits in the next week or
two.

I don't understand why you're trying to use file operations to get a
link map, though.  I also have the GDB side of a DLL implementation; I
posted it to gdb@ in a discussion with Stephen Smith at the end of
last year, but that was an untested / unfinished port of my work from
an older GDB branch.

I'd been planning to write a gdbserver implementation of DLL events to
go with it, so that it could be tested (it was originally for a custom
SymbianOS stub).  Here's the docs - the patch in that message doesn't
apply, Stephen had to bang on it for a bit.  I did a bad job ripping
it out of my other tree.

  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2006-12/msg00067.html

Anyway, could you see if the documented packets would suffice for you?
I can try to bump up getting this ported to mainline.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery