This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Watchpoints in multithreaded programs
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Steve Freeland <caucasatron at yahoo dot ca>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:36:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Watchpoints in multithreaded programs
- References: <email@example.com>
please check the patches
Going to check there some recent Linux kernels compatibility problems, though.
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:23:27 +0200, Steve Freeland wrote:
> What is the status of gdb's support for watchpoint in multithreaded apps?
> The manual states here: http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_6.html#SEC34 that "With the current watchpoint implementation, GDB
> can only watch the value of an expression in a single thread."
> However, there's a thread on gdb-patches here from 2004 that seems to indicate that this
> limitation was in the process of being eliminated: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-12/msg00256.html
> So... I'm a bit confused. Is the manual out of date? Did the "watchthreads" patch never make
> it into mainline builds for some reason?
> Thanks in advance,
> - Steve