This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Setting a variable is very slow.
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: jagorak <jagorak at wp dot pl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:50:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Setting a variable is very slow.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
===> Is there any way to make the assignments work faster? <===
First step is you should do some profiling work to see if you can
find out what is taking the time in gdb
E.g. by telling gdb to cache the address of a symbol (variable) so
that everytime the symbol is being set gdb does not have to go through
the symbol table to obtain the address (in case that would be the
reason why assignments are very slow).
That's a good idea, would be good to work on this improvement
to gdb. By all means investigate!