This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Why does gdb print a complete stack trace even after switching to other frames ?
- From: "Kalpana Ramamurthy" <kal_pana at hotmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: kal_pana at hotmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:26:42 +0000
- Subject: Why does gdb print a complete stack trace even after switching to other frames ?
Even after switching frames using "frame <frame number>", the backtrace
a complete backtrace from 0 to the oldest frame. Shouldn't the backtrace be
switched frame to the oldest frames instead of from the 0'th frame ? For
example, if I switch to frame 3, bt should print from frame 3 to the oldest
frame and not from frame 0 to oldest frame.
Why does gdb show this behaviour of printing the complete stack trace
irrespective of which
frame we are switching on ?
Free & easy posting . Yello Classifieds.