RE: GDB receives SIGKILL

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 17:47 +0400, Vadim Shmelev wrote:
> Thanks for response, Baurzhan. I will try to describe the problem in

> (gdb) handle SIG32 nostop noprint
> Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
> SIG32         No        No      Yes             Real-time event 32
> (gdb) handle SIG33 nostop noprint
> Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
> SIG33         No        No      Yes             Real-time event 33

Why did you do the above?  Those signals are part of
linuxthreads handling and debugging.  There should be
no need to silence them -- if there is, it could be a
sign of something wrong.

> (gdb) b
> 'ComputerManagement::CreateLocalLinuxHardwareInfo(Fomatik::Computer*)'
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x9053fe6: file ../../../include/processor/ref/allocator.h,
> line 23.
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /mnt/afc_agent.exe
> warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

This is odd, but may have to do with libthread_db being linked static.
I forget -- do we have linuxthreads debugging working with static link?
[question for the other maintainers]

> Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
> Loaded system supplied DSO at 0xffffe000

What's this?  System supplied DSO?

> Detaching after fork from child process 2322.
> Detaching after fork from child process 2325.

Ah... fork?  You know it is dangerous to mix threads and forks, don't
you?  If your process has spawned threads before it forks, you're
almost guaranteed to be in bad trouble.

I didn't see any msgs from gdb saying a thread had been spawned,
but the thread detection might be broken eg. by the fact that we
are linked statically.

Can you try dynamic linking, at least of the libthread_db library?