This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: In a remote debug session, how do I get to see fresh register values each time I do a 'show all-registers'?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Anmol P. Paralkar" <b07584 at freescale dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:18:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: In a remote debug session, how do I get to see fresh register values each time I do a 'show all-registers'?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 08:16:39PM -0500, Anmol P. Paralkar wrote:
> I am using GDB 6.6, (ppc64-elf) to remote debug linux running
> on a PowerPC simulator. I can read the values of the GPR's in
> the simulator and upon a 'show all-registers', I do see that
> the registers have values as expected.
> However, on issuing a 'show all-registers' subsequently, I see
> GDB displaying the resgister values it displayed earlier - not
> the ones that the simulator now shows. What do I need to do to
> force GDB to get the fresh set of register values?
What has happened to change the registers? Did the program run, or
are the registers changing while GDB thinks the simulator is stopped?
In the first case, it's a GDB bug. In the second case, try the