RE: Building GDB Statically

I finally found how to do it. Under gdb6.6root/gdb/Makefile.in edit
there is a commented line like so:

#(CC_LD)=gcc -static
(CC_LD)=(CC)

I Just had to comment in the first line and comment out the second. I
also built it with out the shared libraries. the resulting Binary still
does not work under RH9 though, complains that the kernel version is too
old.

BTW another possibility was if you used the optional CFLAG parameter
from the make command itself:

make CFLAG=-static

I am instead Building GDB6.4 on RH9 and am going to use that as my cross
host GDB binary, I have built it statically on RH9 and thus far have
confirmed that it works on FC6.

thanks for the help.

Fahd