Re: [BUG] Tab Expansion for C++

Hi again,

> > Could you provide some details on this? My impression is that gdb is GPL,
> > and as soon as I agree on this, we're ready to go?
>
> No, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html.  This is
> something quite different; it's a document that you'll have to sign,
> and possibly another one that your employer would also, depending on
> circumstances.
>
> It's an inconenience for new contributors, but sufficiently important
> to the FSF that we insist on it.

All fine, but *which* document would need to be signed? Is there a template
of sorts you can provide? The page above doesn't seem to provide details
on this.

Furthermore, I cannot develop under US copyright law. I can only develop
under German copyright law, which is again different. I can hand you the
copyright, but according to German law, I still have rights as the creator
of an entity that I cannot transfer to other people. (German: Urheberrecht)
It doesn't give me any major rights, though (as, it doesn't include the
right to copy the work, which is part of the copyright.).

Folks, that's getting ridiculously complicated... I don't want to contact
a lawer just to provide a patch. I really don't care - I just want a usable
gdb, that's all.

So long,
	Thomas