Re: Remote debugging with gdbserver on ARM

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Pelle Svensson <pelle2004@hotmail.com>
CC: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Remote debugging with gdbserver on ARM
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:56:14 -0500

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:43:42PM +0100, Pelle Svensson wrote:
> After issued 'signal SIG32' for continuing things seems to be not right,
> can it be the
> access at adress 0x0 or that the libpthread dosen't have any debug-info?

You will need an unstripped libpthread.so on the host system, and
libthread_db linked to gdbserver on the target system.

I'm now using all runtime libs with debug-info included. It still not working correct and I think this has to be corrected.

After I load symbols on all modules some of them are probaly using wrong symbol path
lippthread, libc, libm, libld, ld-linux - use /lib/
libggi, libgii, libgg - use /<...nfs path...>/lib/ path
It seems that libs present in the i386-host and the arm-target are taken from /lib/ (i386)
and libs only present in the nfs location is taken from the correct location /<...nfs path...>/lib/.

Target console complain about
gdb: error initializing thread_db library: version missmatch between lithread_db and libpthread

solib-absolute-prefix: Prefix for loading absolute shared library symbol files is "".
solib-search-path: The search path for loading non-absolute shared library symbol files is /<...nfs path...>/lib.

Schlagersignaler till mobilen http://msn.cellus.se/