Re: Remote debugging with gdbserver on ARM

Hi,

What version of GDB are you using? I had similar problems with version 6.3 and found hints on this list about changes to the handling of the breakpoint trap in the ARM port that caused problems. I changed to 6.4 and the problems went away.

Doug

Pelle Svensson wrote:

Hi,

I need some help!!!

I tried for a copule of days to get something out of a remote debugging. I'm using eclipse/gdb
on i386 targeting ARM using gdbserver.

Setup
====

Starting the ARM target as:
gdbserver linuxhost:1027 application.
Issue launch debug session on eclipse with:
TCP/IP connection on port 1027
shared library path: (i386host)//home/dev/nfs/targetfs/lib, (target path is /lib)
Load shared library symbols automatically is active
Stop on shared library events is active
Stop st main() on startup is active
issued set solib-absolute-prefix /dev/null
issued set unwindonsignal on
breakpoint set at main()
breakpoint set at other_function()

Messages at startup
=============

warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
Cannot access memory at address 0x0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Stopped due to shared library event
[Switching to Thread 16384]

Problems!! ======= On launch I end up at the breakpoint on main() o>int main(int argc,char **argv, char ** env)
{

#ifdef _DEBUG
   if (getenv("BOX2_NOOUTPUT") != NULL) _do_output = 0;
   if (getenv("BOX2_DISPLAY") != NULL) _ggi_open_name = "box2";
#endif /* _DEBUG */
I can singel step once to 'if (getenv...' but next step is lost and a message says:
Cannot access memory at address 0x0
If I hit resume the program seems to be running but the program is stuck
somewhere which it is not doing without the debugger attached.

Any ideas...

Motionera roligare med MSN Hälsa http://e-health.msn.se/