Re: gdb and dynamic loader namespaces

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 08:57:08AM +0100, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> The question then is how can we get access to the link_map of each
> namespace from the parent process ? We could perform a lookup for the
> rtld_global data structure and then, use an offset from there to get the
> required data. I suspect you won't be thrilled by that though. Do you
> have any better idea ? Maybe I should ask this question on a glibc ML: I
> would be surprised if no one had ever planned debugger support for this
> feature.

It may require updating the public members of struct r_debug (and its
version number).  I would recommend not digging around in rtld_global,
at least not without talking to the glibc developers first; it's prone
to changing layout between versions.  You could see what Solaris does,
if it's in their documentation.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery