Re: step into next source line (that belongs to me)

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 11:20:41PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> FWIW, it is not obvious this should be in GDB. The frontend might be
> in a better position to conveniently specify which files to ignore,
> and all that's needed is emitting "finish + step" when
> entering "non-interesting" function. I planned to implement
> some "auto-finish" functionality in KDevelop for quite some time.

I think, rather, it should be in GDB but many frontends won't choose
to use it.  In Eclipse, you'd want to step into source files associated
with this project, probably, and offer check boxes for other Eclipse
projects it depends on to step into those too, but not step into system
headers.  But the CLI ought to be able to at least do it by directory.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery