Re: Likely obsolete pieces of GDB

> alpha*-*-osf*
> alpha-osf1-tdep.c
>
> 	Only used by the alpha-osf1 target.  I'm pretty sure we don't
> 	need support for this platform anymore.  But the last reference
> 	I see to it was from Joel in 2002; Joel, is this platform still
> 	relevant to you?

We still use alpha-osf5* targets, but alpha-os1-tdep.c is used for all
alpha targets. I looked at the CVS logs, and I made a few changes to it
recently (end of Dec 2004). So I would like to keep that file for a
little while longer.

> infptrace.c
>
> 	I'd love to remove this old file (replaced by inf-ptrace.c)
> 	but I don't think we quite can yet.  It appears to be still
> 	used by alpha-osf (probably obsolete), i386-sco and similar
> 	(also probably obsolete), but also powerpc-aix.  AIX could
> 	use some updating if anyone wants to keep the GDB port to
> 	that platform alive.

I don't mind putting this on my list of things to do (I actually
just did). This shouldn't be very difficult, should it. The only issue
is that AIX machines are so sloooooow, it makes everything take a long
time.

That's the only observations I have on your proposed list. I agree
with the rest of your list.

--
Joel