Re: shared library events

We implemented a "file-sharedlibrary-info" command to return information about all the currently loaded shared libraries, but we don't really use that. It turned out that stopping the GUI to query for shared library information for every shared library event slowed down the UI, and didn't add any benefits. Except for resolving breakpoints there wasn't anything we needed to do synchronously for shared library loads, and that's all taken care of on the gdb side.

We also added asynchronous shared library load notifications. Something like:

=shlibs-added,shlib-info=[num="4",name="Cocoa",kind="F",dyld- addr="0x90f43000",reason="dyld",requested-state="Y",state="Y",path="/ System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/ Cocoa",description="/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/ Versions/A/Cocoa",loaded_addr="0x90f43000",slide="0x0",prefix=""]

Some of this info (requested-state & state are specific to some tricks we play to reduce the symbol footprint of all the libraries in X). The Xcode can keep track of the libraries as they load and update it's shared library display, without having to do a round trip with gdb.

Jim