Re: gdb 6.5 on AIX 5.3 not hitting breakpoints

> I have built gdb-6.5 on AIX 5.3 and have noticed that it is not hitting
> breakpoints.  Is this a known problem and if so is there any workaround?

As far as I can tell, appart from an unexpected warnings about the OS
ABI which I will try to investigate when I have some time, the HEAD
debugger from CVS seems to be working fine:

        (gdb) b break_me
        Breakpoint 1 at 0x100003e4: file foo.c, line 6.
        (gdb) run
        Starting program: /home/brobecke/test/ex/foo

        Breakpoint 1, break_me () at foo.c:6
        6         printf ("Hello world\n");

I suggest trying the debugger from CVS, and if that doesn't work,
then maybe trying to post more information about what compiler you
used (I assumed GCC), which version, and provide a complete example
that demonstrates the problem (sources and compilation switches that
you used to build the example).

--
Joel