Re: gdb configure error: no termcap library found

Steve Eaton wrote:
I had something similar a while back. I actually had termcap available and still got errors. Seems to me I did something simple like adding the ncurses-devel.

That did the trick indeed.

Thanks.

For the maintainers in this mailing list: would it be wise to change the error message ("configure: error: no termcap library found")?

To me, the message was misleading, because:
- a termcap library actually was present
- the configure script appeared to be needing other files besides the library (header files, ... ).

Cheers,

Erik Leunissen