Re: Problem with breakpoint addresses

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Some day, I think we're going to need to do as Mark and Michael
suggested; stop using CORE_ADDR so indiscriminately as a convenient
integer type.  In the mean time, perhaps everywhere that doesn't
define integer_to_address should get a better default, or the fallback
case in value_as_address should be changed, so that this is fixed
equally on other platforms.

Hmmm, well some of those platforms, such as sh64, like the current default behaviour as it is.

Meanwhile, those that do not like it have the option of overriding it using integer_to_address. I assume those targets that don't have a 64 bit variant only care about this on 64 bit hosts, so only mips bothers to implement integer_to_address so far (AFAICS).

Perhaps the correct fix is to define a default address width for each target variant, but that seems like more work than is really necessary.

Should I post my patch or work up something else?

Andrew