Re: How to recall the commands run in previous gdb session?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 06:08:28AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I agree with turning history saving on by default, but why change the
> location of .gdb_history?  That'd be an incompatible change, and I
> don't see the justification for such a change.  Do you?

I think that making GDB start to write temporary files in $PWD by
default would be extremely annoying.  I'd end up with dozens of them
littered around my source directories and other places where they
aren't wanted (and probably get lots of bug reports from confused
Debian users about it).  By analogy with bash, I figured $HOME would
be the right default location for history.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery