Re: Why gdb always confirm if I'm quitting when the program is still running?

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 09:53:59AM -0600, Peng Yu wrote:
> (gdb) q
> The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

to disable all confirmations, use set confirm off, to just disable it
for this command, you could try something like

define q
 set confirm off
 quit
end

> In the same gdb session, I can use up or down arrow to recall commands.
>
> But once a gdb session is start over, all the history commands are
> gone. I'm wondering if it is possible to recall those commands?

try something like

set history filename ~/.gdb_history
set history save

Thanks, Tavis.