Re: Cannot get thread event message: debugger service failed

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 02:41:43PM +0200, Christophe Benoit wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to use gdb script on a multithreaded application.
>
> My script is very simple :
> - Attach on the process
> - I set a breakpoint
> - I use a while statement to reach the breakpoint fifty times
> - After that, I delete the breakpoint, detach and quit.
>

> The problem is that, sometimes, when the breakpoint is reach, gdb goes
> in error:
>
>    [New Thread -1210061904 (LWP 15939)]
>    scriptgdb.withoutserv.out:56: Error in sourced command file:
>    Cannot get thread event message: debugger service failed

Before today I'd never even seen that error, and now twice.  I have no
idea what is causing this.  If you are using an older version of GDB,
I recommend trying a current one; otherwise, we would need an
application that can reproduce the problem.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery