Re: [rfc/remote] Tell remote stubs which signals are boring

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:56:24PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> >     Use of this packet is controlled by the `set remote pass-signals'
> >     command (*note set remote pass-signals: Remote configuration.).
> >     This packet is not probed by default; the remote stub must request
> >     it, by supplying an appropriate `qSupported' response (*note
> >     qSupported::).
>
> Does this mean that you have to issue a 'set remote pass-signals'
> command, or is it done automatically for 'handle noprint nostop pass' if
> the remote stub supports it?
>
> Not being that familiar with the remote protocol, it is unclear to me.

It will just work.  The conversation goes like this:

-> qSupported:			  # Whatcha got?
<- PacketSize=4000;QPassSignals+  # I got big buffers.  And stuff.
-> QPassSignals:e;10;14		  # Don't care about all these.
<- OK				  # OK, I don't care.
-> vCont:c			  # RUN!

The "set remote" command is only for overrides.  Honestly, I've been
thinking of removing the override commands, or moving them into maint
somewhere; they're half the trouble in adding and documenting a new
command, and we're just adding them for consistency at this point.
I don't think they're really useful except for testing.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery