Re: Gdb

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 05:05:11PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
> There is far too much complexity for the simple things that gdb does.

I just don't know what to do with this message.

Yes, GDB is a bit crufty and could use some new design in places.  But
calling the target control tasks "simple" is absurd.  It is a typical
fallacy to assume that a task you are only lightly familiar with is
simple, when in fact most of the existing complexity is necessary.

> If there's no plans to redo gdb, i'll do it anyway.

You are welcome to submit individual patches which make areas of GDB
easier to understand.  There are even some suggestions on the wiki.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery