Re: breakpoint for accessing memory location

Are there any more examples beyond p->f?  That is, what other
situations are there where the context can matter?  Are we talking
only about portions of expression going out of context (and thus
becoming invalid), or are there other problems?

Here are some more example questions, perhaps not quite so far fetched.

What if I put a watch on p->f where there is a visible p, then execution
goes somewhere where p is not visible, but p still exists?  For example,
suppose p is local to function foo, and foo calls non-nested function bar.

Or, I haven't placed the watch yet and first stop execution in bar.  Can
I now place this watch after moving up the stack to foo's frame?

In fact, in general, many of my questions about p's being visible could
be reformulated to p's existence, which might be a more meaningful
property.
Rodney M. Bates, retired assistant professor
Dept. of Computer Science, Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0083
316-978-3922
rodney.bates@wichita.edu