Re: Pending breakpoints

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 01:28:23PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:

Hi,
I'm debugging a project with dlopen-ed modules.

In gdb, setting a breakpoint for an as-yet unloaded symbol
makes gdb say:

 (gdb) b func_realize
 Function "func_realize" not defined.
 Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
 Breakpoint 1 (func_realize) pending.

However, the dialog doesn't happen in DDD, making it useless.

That's a problem with ddd, then; ask them. Meanwhile, set break pending on may help, but who knows how badly that will confuse ddd.

Hi, That worked ok. Now there's a bug in gdb (when run stand-alone).

The dlopened module is loaded, the breakpoint symbol is resolved,
but the program continues running instead of stopping at the
breakpoint. I'll look into gdb source myself.