Why type = <data variable, no debug info>?

Hi, in this small program logic tells me that errno and n should have the same
value displayed in gdb. Am I missing something obvious?

# gdb ./testgdb
GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) l
1       #include        <errno.h>
2       #include        <stdio.h>
3
4       int main(int argc, char *argv[])
5       {
6               errno = ENOENT;
7               int n = errno;
8               printf("%d, %d\n", n, errno);
9               return(0);
10      }
(gdb) break 8
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80483ba: file testgdb.c, line 8.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/munzir/testgdb
warning: Lowest section in system-supplied DSO at 0xffffe000 is .hash at
ffffe0b4

Breakpoint 1, main () at testgdb.c:8
8               printf("%d, %d\n", n, errno);
(gdb) p errno
$1 = 0
(gdb) p n
$2 = 2