Re: breakpoint for accessing memory location

> Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:23:56 +0200
> From: Erik Leunissen <e.leunissen@hccnet.nl>
>
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > Take a look at "watchpoints" in the manual.  They should be exactly
> > what you need.
>
> Yes, I saw watchpoints also, but didn't recognize them as being useful
> in my case. From the manual:
>
> watch expr
>      Set a watchpoint for an expression. GDB will break when expr is
>      written into by the program and its value changes.

The beginning of that section has a better explanation:

    You can use a watchpoint to stop execution whenever the value of an
    expression changes, without having to predict a particular place where
    this may happen.

What text would you suggest to have there that would have helped you
recognize that this is the feature you wanted?  If you were looking
for some specific words or phrases, please tell what they are.  This
will allow us to improve the manual.

TIA