Re: breakpoint for accessing memory location

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

Take a look at "watchpoints" in the manual. They should be exactly what you need.

Yes, I saw watchpoints also, but didn't recognize them as being useful in my case. From the manual:

watch expr
    Set a watchpoint for an expression. GDB will break when expr is
    written into by the program and its value changes.

Did you mean that "expr" may stand for a specific memory location?

(In my case, assuming that the memory location that I want to watch is 0x08135400, I could simply do

watch 0x08135400 ?)

Thanks,

Erik