Re: GDB printf command

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:23:58PM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >Once we have the structure in place, we could basically replace
> >printf_fetchargs (which uses va_arg) with something that operated on
> >our list of values and did appropriate type checking / casts, then
> >hand it back to the gnulib printf routine.
>
> So you're not talking about changing anything outside of printcmd.c,
> just adding a few files from another project and rewriting the relevant
> bits of the printf command?

Right.  Our value infrastructure is more than adequate for what we
need.  We'll end up with more total code, but less of our own; gnulib
will do most of the heavy lifting.

> OK, that sounds like a plan. Where do we start?

Well, the very first thing is going to be a version of gnulib that lets
us reuse its printf this way.  I'll contact the gnulib maintainers
about that right now, and get back to you.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery