Re: "cannot find bounds of current function"

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 20:50 +0200, Turny DÃvid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I see just now when I execute the continue or step or next
> command then the openOCD deamon write an error message:
>
> error: arm7_9_common.c:1771 arm7_9_read_memory():memory read caused data abort
>
> What is this? :) I dont understand.

Personally,  I'm not familiar with openOCD.

One thing you might do at this point would be, before you
tell gdb to "continue", tell it "set debug remote 1".  This
will turn on "remote protocol debugging", so gdb will echo
all traffic between the debugger and the target to the console.

You can then see exactly what was the last thing that happened
before you got the above error.

You should consult the gdb doc to understand the remote protocol,
but here's a quick hint: messages that begin with "M" are memory
writes, and messages that begin with "m" are memory reads.  You
are looking for a memory read (apparently).  The hexadecimal address
of the memory access will be the first number following the "M" or
"m".