Re: completion regression?

 > Are you sure this isn't just happening for the very first time you do
 > it?  This is a known bug, and I got a new hook added to readline5 that
 > would let us fix it, but never had time to get back to it.  If it
 > worked before, I don't remember what changed that required the new
 > hook.

Actually, looking more carefully, I see now that Emacs causes most of the
problem.

 > And obviously I've forgotten the details, since I just pulled up gdb
 > and typed "file /bin<tab>" and got a slash.

I don't think there is a regression now.  The only (tiny) problem appears
completing on a sub-directory for the first time:

cd src/gd<TAB> gives "cd src/gdb "

and that exists in earlier versions.

In fact I see that completion has _improved_ and the "complete" command now
completes on filenames e.g from src/gdb directory:

(gdb) cd test<TAB><TAB>
testrun.log  testrun.sum  testsuite/

Formerly

(gdb) complete cd test
(gdb)

Currently:

(top-gdb) complete cd test
cd testrun.log
cd testrun.sum
cd testsuite
(gdb)

Could the "complete" command also add trailing slashes as with completion
from the command line? i.e

(top-gdb) complete cd test
cd testrun.log
cd testrun.sum