Re: gdb script performance

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Frederic RISS wrote:

I haven't looked at your gprof results, but your problem is certainly
the same as described here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2006-08/msg00099.html

Thanks for pointing this out! That's exactly the same problem indeed.

This discussion lead to the patch submitted here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2006-09/msg00088.html

Great! The 12' script now runs in only 2'35". :-) I can't help thinking tt's still not blazingly fast, considering the underlying hardware, but it's a big step forward.

It hasn't been checked in yet because of missing copyright assignement
paperwork.

Well I hope it will make it in the next gdb release.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

--
saffroy@gmail.com