From: Joel Brobecker [mailto:brobecker@adacore.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 9:20 PM
To: Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Help: corrupt Stack

> We are using gdb version 6.3. When we ran gdb on the core dump
> generated, it complains with following messages:
> "Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)"
> Is this a known bug, is there a work around or patch available?

I am afraid you are not providing enough information for anyone to help
you here. 6.3 is pretty old at this point, so you should try 6.5. Also,
with core files, I have noticed that people sometimes analyze them on a
machine that's different from the one where the core file was generated.
Is this the case for you? If it is, chances are the system libraries are
slightly different, and that will cause trouble during the backtrace
computation.

Otherwise, you will probably need to specify at least the platform on
which you are running, but even then, I doubt that this will be
sufficient to help you. You probably need to provide a way for us to
reproduce your problem.

--
Joel