Re: invoking GDB from FE and signals

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:54:22AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:19:20AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > I recently had someone report to me that when my FE is started on a Mac
> > and ^c is entered, I send the signal to GDB and it responds with
> > "(Quit)" as expected. However, if GDB is running the inferior, and ^c is
> > received, I send the 'kill' and GDB shuts down.
>
> Then I'm afraid you need to work out why that happened; speculating
> about it is not going to get you much of anywhere.  It depends on e.g.
> job control.

OK, I can find out the details. However, I'm thinking the supported way
of starting GDB from a FE is via a pipe. This would prevent readline
from being in the way, and is the only way to do it with MI anyways,
right?

Actually, having a PTY between the FE and GDB/MI would be slightly
different than a pipe. It would make it so the user could never send
certain chars to GDB without them being interpreted by the PTY.

In other words, I don't mind finding the details, but I'd like to make
sure I'm doing it the correct way first.

Bob Rossi