Re: info frame

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 12:37:23PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
> Does this mean that if we choose to print the frame address in MI as part
> of the output of -stack-list-frames:
>
> >> Can somebody suggest the right fix? So far, I think that the simplest
> >> approach is to make gdb print stack address of current frame, like
> >> is done
> >> on the Apple branch:
> >>
> >>      553^done,stack=[frame=
> >>      {level="0",addr="0x00003db0",fp="0xbffff2c0",......
>
> 0xbffff2c0 should not be the value of $fp but the value of "frame at..." in
> 'info frame`?

In fact, it's like that it will be the "frame at" address.  But I don't
think it would be wise to architect that into the interface; I think I
explained why earlier, but if not, it's because this is a touchy
internal interface for GDB.  If you want to display it to the user, you
might want something different - either explicitly the $sp, or
explictly the architectural $fp register, or explicitly the call frame
address.  If you want to use it in a frontend, then all we should offer
is an opaque ID for equality testing, IMHO.

If GDB changes its internal representation we shouldn't have to update
frontends.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery