Re: text file formats

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:05:42 -0400
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>
> Why are you going to tremendous lengths to accomodate non-native
> newline conventions?  Is there some good reason I've missed?

I don't know if that's Bob's reason, but one good reason is that
nowadays you can never know where (on what machine) the source files
live, and who edits them on what platform.  For example, some
developers are so used to Microsoft's Visual Studio that they use it
to edit sources to be compiled on Unix (via the network).

So it does make sense to support non-native formats, although adding
that to GDB would be a non-trivial job.