GDB paper for GCC summit: New Commands

Here is stuff about new commands I gleaned from NEWS.  I have some
questions at the end and would welcome any comments.  (I intend to do
new features separately from new commands and I know there will be some
overlap).

Feature: Checkpoints
  commands:
    checkpoint
    restart <n>
    info checkpoints
    delete-checkpoint <n>

Feature: fork
  commands:
    set|show detach-on-fork
    info forks
    fork <n>
    delete-fork <n>
    detach-fork <n>

Feature: Convenience variables
  commands:
    init-if-undefined

Feature: displaying arrays
  command:
    set print array-indexes

Feature: logging output to a file
  command:
    set|show logging

Other New Commands:
    start
    maint set profile on|off
    disconnect

Removed Commands:
  removed                         replacement
    set|show arm dissembly-favor  set|show arm disassembler
    othernames                    set arm disassembler
    set|show remotedebug          set|show debug remote
    set|show archdebug            set|show debug arch
    set|show eventdebug           set|show debug event
    regs                          info registers
    set prompt-escape-char        - none -

Qustions:
1) How do "set|show detach-on-fork" and "set|show follow-fork" work
   together? I think this is the answer:  If 'set detach-on-fork' is
   off, the 'set follow-fork' works as before.  If 'set detach-on-fork'
   is on, then the  state of 'set follow-fork' determines which for will
   be the 'current' fork.  Is this correct?

2) Does the new fork features also work with vfork?  If not, they are
   inconsistent with 'set|show follow-fork'.

3) If the name of the main procedure is 'main', is the start command
equivalent
   to 'tbreak main' followed by 'run', or is there something subtle
going on?