Re: [remote] Checking for supported packets

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:15:26PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I've been working, for the last couple of months, on a wide variety
> of projects that involve new remote protocol packets.  I'm planning
> to submit each and every one of them; I've just been busy, and
> also some of them aren't quite fully baked yet.

> Something like this:
>
> -> qPackets?
> <- qPackets,qPacketSize+,qOffsets-,qPart:available+,qC-
>
> "I support the qPacketSize and qPart:available queries, but don't
> bother probing for qOffsets or qC, they won't work".

Don't suppose anyone had time to look at this?

I don't know if there's any active GDB maintainers, right now, who are
interested in the remote protocol.  Or e.g. stub developers who are
interested, and reading this list.  As I said, I have a whole bundle
of upcoming proposed additions to the remote protocol; I do my best
to design them intelligently and compatibly, and I will document them
prettily and post them for review, but the benefit's much lessened
if there's no one interested in reviewing them :-)

I intend to turn this particular example into a more thought-out
proposal this week.  And if I'm really lucky, I'll have the
target-defined features proposal ready this week also; but don't
hold your breath, it might be next week.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery