Re: C++, "too few arguments in function call" error?

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 11:03:11AM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 17 March 2006 03:57, rob@encodia.biz wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using GDB 6.1 on Mac OS X to debug a C++ program.  Occasionally,
> > when I try to call an object's member function I get this error:
> >
> > (gdb) p set1.begin()
> > too few arguments in function call
> >
> > In this case "set1" is an STL std::set, but I get the same message
> > sometimes with my own classes.  Has anyone seen this before, or know
> > what's going on, or a way around it?
>
>   This is a total shot in the dark, but maybe something's gone wrong and it's
> expecting you to pass the this pointer as an explicit first argument rather
> than an implicit one?

That's pretty likely.  Rob, we probably can't help you with problems
involving C++ and MacOS X; Apple's highly patched GDB uses stabs, not
DWARF-2, and therefore represents debug information for methods very
differently.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery