Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 06:35:34PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hello!
>
> At the moment, the MI interface does not allow one to change location of
> breakpoint, say to move breakpoint from main.cpp:9 to main.cpp:11.
> CLI does not support this either, but I'm interested in MI.
>
> Was this an explicit design decision, or it just happened this way? The use
> case when it matters if when, in KDevelop, user edits the field of
> breakpoint table with the location.
>
> Now, I have to delete the old breakpoint and create the new one, which is
> workable, but not convenient. How about adding 'change breakpoint location'
> functionality to MI?

How much trouble is it, really, to remove and recreate the breakpoint?
Presumably you know all the necessary information about the breakpoint,
since you need it for the GUI.

Almost all of the work of the "break" command is figuring out where the
breakpoint should go.  I don't see an advantage in having more commands
that need to be able to work that out.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery