This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Quoting, backslashes, CLI and MI
- From: "Jim Blandy" <jimb at red-bean dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:23:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: Quoting, backslashes, CLI and MI
- References: <20060221213324.GA30729@nevyn.them.org>
On 2/21/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com> wrote:
> I think that we want to continue using buildargv-style quoting for CLI
> commands, and that it would be desirable to use only MI-style
> quoting for MI commands. Does anyone disagree with this? The fact
> that the two are somewhat inconsistent is regrettable, but
> they are nominally independent interfaces.
I think that's the right thing. I don't think it's a significant inconsistency.
How does buildargv-style quoting interact with commands that take
expressions as arguments? Aren't there 'set' commands that do this?