Re: MI: reporting of multiple breakpoints

 Daniel> On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 01:38:17PM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:
> [...]
 Daniel> I've got no idea what you mean by "GDB already has machinery
 Daniel> for that".  Want to clarify?
 >>  I'm referring to various target macros (don't remember the names)
 >> that control whether the PC needs to be advanced before you
 >> continue from a stop.  I remember using some of those when I
 >> implemented watchpoint support on our MIPS platform.

 Daniel> Those assume that the store has not been executed - if we had
 Daniel> "backed up" to the store, it would be re-executed.  I'm sure
 Daniel> you can think of an example where that wouldn't make the user
 Daniel> happy.

Yes, infinite loops tend to annoy people... :-)

 Daniel> On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 01:54:13PM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:
 >> run to completion, then things would be different.  So yes,
 >> reporting something like "stopped at foo.c:425 due to a store
 >> watchpoint at foo.c:421" would be ideal.

 Daniel> Since I just suggested something similar, I think we're
 Daniel> making progress here :-)

 Daniel> If you want to contribute support for this, since you
 Daniel> obviously have access to and interest in a platform which
 Daniel> supports it, I'm sure we could find a way to present the
 Daniel> information to the user.

Ok, I'll give that a look.  Thanks to all for the help.

    paul