Re: Using XML in GDB?

> Does anyone have a good reason why GDB should not make use of this
> well-standardized format instead of inventing additional ad-hoc formats?
>
> Where appropriate, of course.  People sometimes use XML for the silliest
> things.

Hi Daniel,

The only other possibility I can think of is to use the MI protocol.
I've worked on the parsing side of the MI output command. However, I've
often wondered why there is no "factory" for creating MI output commands
in GDB.

Anyways, MI could be the official protocol used by GDB, if XML turns out
not to be such a hit. We already have a parser for input commands. We
would need an additional parser for output commands. We would also need
to units that would allow us to create mi output and input commands from
data.

Bob Rossi