Re: breakpoint commands no more working due to MI front-end

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 06:05:45PM +0100, David Lamy-Charrier wrote:
> Thanks Daniel for the idea, I am going to try it.
>
> But if I am right, mi_execute_command is called to handle MI commands
> from the front-end, so it is already too late to execute the commands
> associated with the breakpoint.
> The commands should have been executed before and the front-end should
> even not be notified that GDB stopped and continued, no?

That would require a much bigger change to the way GDB works.  We've
been talking about some related changes; the general question is
whether the MI front end should know that something other than itself
has caused the inferior to change state.  This is vital to have
multiple interpreters active at the same time.

Given how MI works and is defined today, I don't think breakpoint
commands make a whole lot of sense: your front end should supply the
commands when it sees the breakpoint.  Is there a reason you can't make
CDT do that?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery