Re: Excluding C++ Library Code

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 07:25:58PM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Eric Lemings wrote:
> >>Right now the infrastructure for it isn't there, but someday
> >>it will be.  But how would you indicate to the debugger what
> >>constituted "uninteresting" headers?
> >
> >I figure the responsibility for this would probably reside more
> >with the compiler than the debugger (e.g. -gnostdinc++) but I
> >as hoping it could be done already.
>
> Either, we can mark the debug information with `system header', or
> gdb can strncmp ("/usr/include") and a few others...  :-)  gcc has a
> slightly easier time know when a header is a system header, but a
> project GUI has a easier time having check boxes for components you
> want to stop in and which ones you don't want to stop in, with system
> headers being just one of the boxes.

Right - my point was only that I've thought about it long enough to
know it needed some more thinking about :-)

I definitely agree that the debugger should be doing it, not the
compiler.  It's not appreciably harder here and it makes more sense to
allow the user to just toggle a switch to suddenly step into libstdc++.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery