Re: Core dumps

Joel Brobecker wrote:
$russell@home~: ulimit
$unlimited

What else can i try?

What shell do you use?

russell@home~: bash --version GNU bash, version 3.00.16(1)-release (i486-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

> I use zsh, and I have to use "ulimit -c" to
modify the core-file size:

        %ulimit
        unlimited
        %ulimit -a
        cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
        file size (blocks)         unlimited
        data seg size (kbytes)     unlimited
        stack size (kbytes)        8192
        core file size (blocks)    0
        unlimited
        processes                  4093
        file descriptors           1024
        locked-in-memory size (kb) unlimited
        memory size (kb)           unlimited
        file locks                 unlimited
        %ulimit -c 2000000
        %ulimit -a
        cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
        file size (blocks)         unlimited
        data seg size (kbytes)     unlimited
        stack size (kbytes)        8192
        core file size (blocks)    2000000
        unlimited
        processes                  4093
        file descriptors           1024
        locked-in-memory size (kb) unlimited
        memory size (kb)           unlimited
        file locks                 unlimited

russell@home~: ulimit -a core file size (blocks, -c) 0 data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited file size (blocks, -f) unlimited max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited open files (-n) 1024 pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8 stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192 cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited max user processes (-u) unlimited virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Well that seems to say it all;)

"man ulimit" has a useless man page. However, i just
tried "help ulimit" which shows all the options;)

The backtrace in gdb is working correctly this time.
I seemed to get core files sometimes, despite not
having set ulimit -c. Maybe gdb was doing that.