This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How is info.bfd_arch_info set ?
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at red-bean dot com>
- To: Kim Lux <lux at diesel-research dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:56:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: How is info.bfd_arch_info set ?
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You need to tell us more about what you're doing. There's no global
variable called 'info', so you must be looking at a local variable of
some function; which function? How did you get there?
The m68hc11_gdbarch_init function will usually be called more than
once. If I remember right, once for GDB's default architecture and
once for the architecture it gets from the executable file. So don't
assume that, because it's being called once with the wrong
bfd_arch_info structure, that that's the one it will actually use.
After you've told GDB which executable file you want it to use for
debugging information, use 'show arch' to see what architecture it's