Re: Filename with "./" in breakpoint command

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:11:21PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I didn't say that "./foo.c" shouldn't resolve to the file in the
> current working directory, I'm saying that it is not, IMHO, a good
> solution of the original problem.
>
> The original problem was _not_ that "./foo.c" didn't do what the user
> expected; "./foo.c" was an attempt of _solving_ a problem.  And the
> problem the OP tried to solve was that there were several source files
> linked into the executable, each one in its own directory.
>
> I don't like telling the user to go to some directory to solve that
> original problem.  For starters, it requires the user to type the full
> name of the directory, which is almost like asking them to type the
> full file name of the source file.

Great - then we all agree, except for a tangent on the meaning of
"original problem" ;-)

I was responding to the question Vladimir asked at the start of the
thread:
  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2005-12/msg00035.html

> I'd prefer to have a better solution to the original problem.

We do; use full pathnames.  Vladimir already said he was fixing
kdevelop to not use ./, so I think that's well in hand.  "info sources"
and the MI fullname field will both show the absolute pathname,
including the compilation directory.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC